Buy with Prime Privacy Notice
August 10, 2022
Buy with Prime enables you to (a) integrate the Amazon Prime shopping experience into your direct-to-consumer selling channels via the Buy with Prime Merchant Console; and (b) develop and provide your own services, products, and applications to users of the Buy with Prime Merchant Console via the Buy with Prime Partner Portal. This Privacy Notice describes how Amazon.com Services LLC (“Amazon,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects and uses your personal information in relation to Buy with Prime websites, applications, products, services, events, and experiences that reference this Privacy Notice (together, “Buy with Prime Services”). This Privacy Notice applies to you if you interact with Buy with Prime Services or visit our Buy with Prime websites.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the collection and processing of Amazon Prime members’ personal information by Amazon.com and its affiliates when handling “Buy with Prime” orders. To learn more about that, please see the Amazon.com Privacy Notice here. This Privacy Notice also does not apply to any products, services, websites, or content that are offered by third parties or have their own privacy notice.
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We Share Personal Information
- Location of Personal Information
- How We Secure Information
- Access and Choice
- Children's Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
- EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
- California Consumer Privacy Act
- Examples of Information Collected
Personal Information We Collect
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve Buy with Prime Services.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to Buy with Prime Services. Click here to see examples of information you give us.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with Buy with Prime Services. Click here to see examples of information we collect automatically.
- Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources. Click here to see examples of information we collect from other sources.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve Buy with Prime Services. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide Buy with Prime Services: We use your personal information to provide Buy with Prime Services and process transactions related to Buy with Prime Services, including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, and payments.
- Measure, Support, and Improve Buy with Prime Services: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop Buy with Prime Services.
- Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend Buy with Prime Services and other services provided by Amazon and its affiliates that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Buy with Prime Services.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Buy with Prime Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat) and to respond to your requests.
- Marketing: We use your personal information to market and promote Buy with Prime Services and other services provided by Amazon and its affiliates to you.
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention and Credit Risks: We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect your security, and the security of Amazon and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
How We Share Personal Information
Information about you is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling your personal information to others. We share personal information only as described below and with Amazon.com, Inc. and the subsidiaries that Amazon.com, Inc. controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: providing order shipment tracking information, delivering Buy with Prime hardware, sending communications, processing payments, providing tax calculation services, assessing credit and compliance risks, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales assistance (including advertising and event management), conducting customer relationship management, and providing training. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process that information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or services. In such transactions, personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the individual consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Amazon or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Us and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of Amazon, you, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
- At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Location of Personal Information
Amazon is located in the United States, and our affiliated companies are located throughout the world. Depending on the scope of your interactions with Buy with Prime Services, your personal information may be stored in or accessed from multiple countries, including the United States. Whenever we transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
How We Secure Information
At Amazon, security is our highest priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from Buy with Prime websites, applications, products, or services by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Buy with Prime account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Access and Choice
You can view, update, and delete certain information about your account and your interactions with Buy with Prime Services. Click here for a list of examples of information that you can access. If you cannot access or update your information yourself, you can always contact us for assistance.
You have choices about the collection and use of your personal information. Buy with Prime Services includes settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain Buy with Prime Services.
- Account Information: If you want to add, update, or delete information related to your account, please go to the Buy with Prime Merchant Console or Partner Portal. When you update or delete any information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- Communications: If you do not want to receive promotional messages from us, please unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link in the promotional emails we sent you.
- Browser and Devices: The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Children's Personal Information
We don’t provide Buy with Prime Services for purchase by children. If you’re under 18, you may use Buy with Prime Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of Buy with Prime Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law (including for tax and accounting purposes), or as otherwise communicated to you. How long we retain specific personal information varies depending on the purpose for its use, and we will delete your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Buy with Prime, you may contact us at the address below:
Amazon.com Services LLC
410 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109-5210
ATTN: Amazon Legal
If you interact with Buy with Prime Services on behalf of or through your organization, then your personal information may also be subject to your organization’s privacy practices, and you should direct privacy inquiries to your organization.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice may also change. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. You can see the date on which the latest version of this Privacy Notice was posted. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all personal information we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of personal information collected in the past without informing affected customers and giving them a choice.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
We do not rely on the Privacy Shield but continue to keep to the commitments that we made when we certified to the Privacy Shield.
Amazon.com Services LLC participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks. Click here to learn more.
California Consumer Privacy Act
These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act and are effective as of August 10, 2022.
Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that we may collect, or may have collected from consumers in the preceding twelve months, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with Buy with Prime Services:
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information as described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, such as a credit card number;
- characteristics of protected classifications under California or US federal law, such as age or gender, for example if we conduct user surveys or analysis;
- commercial information, such as purchase activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details;
- biometric information, such as your voice or appearance, for example if you choose to participate in a demonstration of a speech or image recognition service;
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer, for example if you enable location services to enhance your experience through event applications we offer;
- audio, visual, electronic or other similar information, including when you communicate with us by phone or otherwise;
- professional or employment-related information, for example data you may provide about your business;
- inference data, such as information about your preferences; and
- education information, such as information about enrollment status, fields of study, or degrees, honors, and awards received.
For more information about the personal information we collect, click here.
Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that we may have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the preceding twelve months fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on how you engage with Buy with Prime Services:
- Identifiers, such as your name, address, or phone numbers, for example if we use a third party carrier to deliver Buy with Prime hardware;
- personal information as described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 of the California Civil Code, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications under California or US federal law, for example if we conduct user surveys or analysis using a third party service provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a third party service provider to help us gather reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services;
- biometric information, for example if you choose to participate in a demonstration of certain Buy with Prime Services facilitated by a third party service provider;
- geolocation data, for example if we enable transportation services from a third party in connection with a Buy with Prime event;
- audio, visual, electronic or other similar information, for example if a third party service provider reviews recordings of customer support phone calls for quality assurance purposes;
- professional or employment-related information, for example if we provide information to a third party service provider for verification or registration as part of Buy with Prime Services; and
- education information.
For more information about the personal information we may disclose to third parties for a business purpose, click here.
Your Rights. You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by us, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us (for users with a Buy with Prime account) or contact us at the address under Contacts, Notices, and Revisions above (for users with a Buy with Prime account, and for visitors to Buy with Prime websites without a Buy with Prime account). Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
No sale of personal information. In the preceding twelve months, we have not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
No Discrimination. We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide information to us when you:
- search for, subscribe to, or purchase Buy with Prime Services;
- create or administer your Buy with Prime account (and you might have more than one account if you have used more than one email address when using Buy with Prime Services);
- configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with Buy with Prime Services;
- register for or attend a Buy with Prime event;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or other information request forms;
- post on Buy with Prime websites or participate in community features; and
- employ notification services.
Depending on your engagement with Buy with Prime Services, you might supply us with such information as:
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- payment information, including credit card and bank account information;
- information about your location;
- information about your organization and your contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization;
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
- content of feedback, testimonials, inquiries, support tickets, and any phone conversations, chat sessions and emails with or to us;
- your image (still, video, and in some cases 3-D), voice, and other identifiers that are personal to you when you attend a Buy with Prime event or use certain Buy with Prime Services;
- information regarding identity, including government-issued identification information;
- corporate and financial information; and
- VAT numbers and other tax identifiers.
We collect information automatically when you:
- visit, interact with, or use Buy with Prime Services (including when you use your computer or other device to interact with Buy with Prime Services);
- download content from us;
- open emails or click on links in emails from us; and
- interact or communicate with us (such as when you attend a Buy with Prime event or when you request customer support).
Examples of the information we automatically collect include:
- network and connection information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet and information about your Internet service provider;
- computer and device information, such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, or time zone setting;
- the location of your device or computer;
- authentication and security credential information;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads;
- Buy with Prime Services metrics, such as program usage, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website (including date and time) and Buy with Prime Services, content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- email addresses and phone numbers used to contact us; and
- identifiers and information contained in cookies (see our Cookie Notice).
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- marketing, sales generation, and recruitment information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- subscription, purchase, support, or other information about your interactions with products and services offered by us, our affiliates, or third parties in relation to Buy with Prime Services;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links); and
- credit history information from credit bureaus.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Buy with Prime Services include:
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
- your subscription, purchase, usage, billing, and payment history;
- payment settings, such as payment instrument information and billing preferences;
- tax information; and
- email communication and notification settings.
You can access the information above through Buy with Prime Services, such as the Buy with Prime Merchant Console or Partner Portal (including the Account details, Team, Payments, Taxes, and Amazon Services pages).